From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Avatox 1.8 is now available
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 00:15:01 GMT
Date: 2007-09-02T00:15:01+00:00	[thread overview]

Marc A. Criley wrote:
>> Martin Krischik wrote:
>> So:
>>
>> .adb ==Avatox==> .axf ==XXX==> .xmi ==xmi2code==> .adb
>>
>> is easier then
>> .adb ==Avatox==> .xmi ==xmi2code=> .adb
>
> Actually, yes :-)
>
> The reason is that adb => AXF is an almost mechanical translation, AXF
> being an XML representation of the ASIS-derived structure of the source
> program. And not least, Avatox is pretty much done.

And in the end, the "pretty much done" is one of the more important things!

It's open source. People do what they think is interesting or fun.
Avatox is an interesting project but not (largely) useful for the xmi
crowd. Heck, I wish it would create XML that described data types such
that it would allow for an easy XSL-FO creation of an interface design
document. The fact that it does not do this does not take away from its
current job and even if it did XMI, it would not help with what I want.

Wait till I create a few of my silly little ASIS projects. Then you will
really have something to point at :)