From: gt7693d@acmex.gatech.edu (Daniel J)
Subject: Simple Pointer Problem, Help...
Date: 1996/05/24
Date: 1996-05-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

To any friendly programmer,

	Take a look at this code and read the comments at end, they seem
	self explanatory.

--Types and declarations

  type NumRecord;

  type NumPtr is access NumRecord;

  type NumRecord is
     record
        Value : Integer;
        Next  : NumPtr;
     end record;

  Num : NumPtr;

--Modules

          --Purpose: Add a node to the end of a linked list
 procedure AddNodeBack (Point : in out NumPtr;
                          Value : in Integer) is
     begin
       if Point /= null then
         while Point /= null loop
           Point := Point.Next;
         end loop;
         Point := new NumRecord'(Value, null);
       else
         Point := new NumRecord'(Value, null);
       end if;

     end AddNodeBack;

--Body

     Num := new NumRecord'(0, null);

     for I in 1..10 loop
        AddNodeBack (Num, I);
     end loop;

	The output of the body gives me one node, which is not what I want.
I desire a linked list of N nodes w/values in ascending order, according to
my body.

     What am I doing wrong, for I've run outta ideas?

ps I've tried to use a temp pointer within AddNodeBack, but got the same
   output.

     Daniel J. Feren              |
     327693 GA Tech Station       |              GTRI/ELSYS/SEN
     Atlanta, Georgia 30332       |               Co-Op Win/Sum
		   Email: gt7693d@prism.gatech.edu
	    Homepage: http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt7693d