From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Cc: spear@wam.umd.edu
Subject: Re: gnat and dlls
Date: 1996/05/19
Date: 1996-05-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

spear@wam.umd.edu (Eric Anthony Spear) writes:
>Is there any way I can write procedures in Ada, compile with gnat, and
>end up with a dll, which could then be accessed by a windows program,
>like visual basic?

There probably is, but AFAIK no one has done this so far.  To some
degree, it depends on how general you want the solution to be.  There
are some issues with respect to making the Ada runtime a separate
DLL, and how initialization is done.

This will not be a 1-day effort.
If you are really interested in doing this, get in touch and I can
give you some pointers, if you will share the results with others.

-Tom
LabTek Corp.