From: damercer@mmm.com (Dan Mercer)
Subject: Re: GNAT and other GNU language tools on HP-UX
Date: 1996/05/18
Date: 1996-05-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Van Snyder (vsnyder@math.jpl.nasa.gov) wrote:
: When I use HP-UX "update" to install an application or patch,
: it also produces a "decustomize" script that makes it easy to
: un-install it.

: It would be nice if HP versions of GNAT (and other GNU language tools)
: were available as "update" instead of (as well as) "tar" format, or,
: if the installation scripts or "configure" processes for all platforms
: produced "uninstall" scripts.

: Maybe HP could produce a CD?

did you check the archives at http://hpux.cae.wisc.edu or
http://hpux.cs.utah.edu ?  A lot of the packages found
there come pre-compiled both statically and dynamically
and are packaged in update format.  BTW,  tar can
read update format but it does not do the magic
of installing in /system, /opt etc,  which in itself
is useful if you don't have privileges or just want
to check something out.  (it installs in ./system,
/opt etc).

: --
: What fraction of Americans believe   |  Van Snyder
: Wrestling is real and NASA is fake?  |  vsnyder@math.jpl.nasa.gov

--
Dan Mercer
Reply To:  damercer@mmm.com