* Re: How to format a screen in ada
@ 1996-05-17  0:00 ` John Cupak
From: John Cupak @ 1996-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chrome

Mark,

You have at least two choices:

1. Use Text_IO.Set_Col(To => ##) before calls to Put
2. Write your own Goto_XY procedure which emits the correct screen
   control characters (see documentation for your display)

Good luck!
--
John J. Cupak, Jr., CCP     Internet       : jcupak@isd99.sanders.lockheed.com
Lockheed Sanders, Inc.      Lockheed LAN   : jcupak@mailgw.sanders.lockheed.com

* How to format a screen in ada
@ 1996-05-17  0:00 chrome
From: chrome @ 1996-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am a student at university and i have a small problem with my
assignment.  I need to find out how to use the movecursor procedure in
the screen package, as i have to format the page in the following
fashion.
Name	Address	   Suburb   Postcode  Exam Assign Final

There is another line under this but i need to be able to line up the
corresponding strings with the titles above.

Could someone please help me out.

Mark Leaver
http://www.tower.com.au/~chrome
http://perth.dialix.oz.au/~chrome

* Re: How to format a screen in ada
@ 1996-05-17  0:00 ` Joerg Rodemann
From: Joerg Rodemann @ 1996-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

chrome (chrome@orion.tower.com.au) wrote:
> I am a student at university and i have a small problem with my
> assignment.  I need to find out how to use the movecursor procedure in
> the screen package, as i have to format the page in the following
> fashion.
> Name	Address	   Suburb   Postcode  Exam Assign Final

> There is another line under this but i need to be able to line up the
> corresponding strings with the titles above.

Hello!

Hm, do you really nead to move your cursor --- or just to format the table
so it looks nice? Maybe it will suffice to use bounded Strings or even
to just use the width parameter of the Put procedures.

Just thinking

George

--
Joerg 'George' Rodemann                      Erhard-Groezinger-Strasse 82
Department of Physics                                   D-89134 Blaustein