From: fjh@munta.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Fergus Henderson)
Subject: Re: Code compatibility of GNAT on Win/NT with other compilers
Date: 1996/05/17
Date: 1996-05-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Bob Crispen <revbob@EIGHT-BALL.HV.BOEING.COM> writes:

>As yet another Unix guy, I find the gnu tools very easy to work with
>and reasonably mature. In fact, I don't even have c:\Windows\Command
>in my $PATH.

The GNU tools in gnu-win32 are great, but I wouldn't call them mature.
There is a reason why all the releases of gnu-win32 so far have been
called "beta" releases, and that reason is that they are still quite
buggy.  For example, in the latest release, beta-14, some very basic
things such as `gcc hello.c' don't work on Windows 95 (or at least they
don't work for me).

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.