From: rkester@csc.com (Rush Kester)
Subject: Re: Ada 101
Date: 1996/05/16
Date: 1996-05-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Kenneth Mays (KMays@msn.com) wrote:
: Greetings,

: In my quest for the ultimate Ada83 tutorial book, does
: anyone know of a superior training book on teaching nonprogrammers a
: first computer science course on Ada programming? I've scanned many
: Ada books, but none that are as good as some books on C++ (C++ Primer
: Plus).

I'm curious why you want an Ada83 rather than Ada95.  If a student is
just getting started, why teach the old standard?  An additional benefit
of Ada95 is a free compiler (GNAT) and tools (GCC, etc.) are available.

: I need a book that ANYONE can read and understand with minimal
: difficulty. Does such a  book exist for the Ada market?!

The best texts I've found for learning Ada are by John Barnes and
published by Addison Wesley.
 "Programming in Ada" or "Programming in Ada95"

For other texts check out the list maintained by SIGAda's Education
Working Group.  http://www.acm.org/sigada/wg/eduwg/eduwg.html
and the list of on-line tutorials and books at
http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/FAQ/learning.html#toc

: Ken (kmays@msn.com)
: "Let there be light... and there was light."

--
Rush Kester
W (301) 640-3632 (in person M-F: 9am-5pm EDST, voicemail any time)