From: bklungle@ix.netcom.com(Robert Klungle )
Subject: gnat3.01/elf/linux problem
Date: 1996/05/14
Date: 1996-05-14T09:44:55-05:00	[thread overview]

A couple of weeks ago, I and two others posted a note documenting an
execution failure with gnat3.01. The symptom is a message saying "can't
resolve symbol '__libc_opendir'". The program compiles and links
perfectly. It appears that for some reason, either libgnat.so.3.01 (the
dynamic link library) is not being linked into the executable
correctly, or the referenced component is missing. Someone else said
they had the problem, but reloaded libc.a and reran ldconfig to get rid
of the problem. I have reloaded gnat3.01 and gcc2.7.2 and rerun
ldconfig in every order I can think of and nothing fixes the problem.
Tried deleting gnat and gcc from the system and rebuilding in case an
old link was not being rebuilt, to no avail.
Sent a message to the gnat group but no answer or suggestion yet.

Anybody got any idea what to try next (maybe reformat the drive and
rebuild the system from scratch)??

Incidentally, the gcc2.7.2 works perfectly and detects the 2.7.2-specs.

tks...bob klungle