From: James E. Hopper <jhopper@erinet.com>
Subject: Re: performance tuning with gnat
Date: 1996/05/13
Date: 1996-05-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4n79if$qhc@mdnews.btv.ibm.com> Dale Pontius,
pontius@twonky.btv.ibm.com writes:
>I seem to remember seeing something about exceptions a month or two
>back, that takes effect in GNAT 3.03 or 3.04. I think I heard that
>the exception handling has been sped up significantly, just about to
>the point of no penalty for a non-taken exception. I'd wait for more
>authoritative word on this one, though. It still might be worth
>checking out.

Since Robert is on the road, and off email for a couple days i will
respond to this
based upon what he and Wes Embry at SGI have told me on this issue.

3.04 has a change which is inteneded to speed exception handling up quite
a bit.
while this has been verified to work well on the sun, Wes tells me it has
also been
verified (well this was a month or more ago) to NOT change things much on
the sgi.
thus i guess your milage may vary.

best jim