* Can't find ADA FAQ's
@ 1996-05-08  0:00 mg24461
From: mg24461 @ 1996-05-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Where is the Ada FAQ's ?

SInce I worked with Ada on VAX/VMS 9 years ago, and still haven't find any
better language, what Ada compilers is there for OS/2 WARP ?
Is there any packages for Sybase OS/2 and DB2/2 RDBMS ?
Is there any packages for CICS/2 ?
Is there any packages for TCP/IP and SNA ?
Is there any packages for Workplace Shell ?
Is there any Ada wrappers for SOM/DSOM classes in general ?

Working with C++ today on OS/2, but would prefer Ada...
Once again - didn't find the FAQ's  ( :~( )

magnus.pettersson@powerage.se

* Re: Can't find ADA FAQ's
@ 1996-05-10  0:00 ` Carl Bowman
From: Carl Bowman @ 1996-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4mqvt8$bpf@mn5.swip.net>,  <magnus.pettersson@powerage.se> wrote:

>Where is the Ada FAQ's ?
>
>SInce I worked with Ada on VAX/VMS 9 years ago, and still haven't find any
>better language, what Ada compilers is there for OS/2 WARP ?
>Is there any packages for Sybase OS/2 and DB2/2 RDBMS ?
>Is there any packages for CICS/2 ?
>Is there any packages for TCP/IP and SNA ?
>Is there any packages for Workplace Shell ?
>Is there any Ada wrappers for SOM/DSOM classes in general ?
>
>Working with C++ today on OS/2, but would prefer Ada...
>Once again - didn't find the FAQ's  ( :~( )
>
>magnus.pettersson@powerage.se

The Ada Information Clearinghouse maintains the Software Engineering
host.  As our name implies, we collect and distribute information on
any aspect of Ada.  Our host maintains pointers to nearly all of the
other online information resources, so you could probably find
whatever you want (including pointers to the FAQ) by accessing our
host first.  You can join our mailing list by sending your name,
address, and phone number to adainfo@sw-eng.falls-church.va.us.

You can search our web pages at http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us.

Carl Bowman
Ada Information Clearinghouse
(703) 681-2466

* Re: Can't find ADA FAQ's
@ 1996-05-15  0:00 ` Mike Bishop
From: Mike Bishop @ 1996-05-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

mg24461@gaia.swip.net wrote:

> Where is the Ada FAQ's ?
[snip]

You can find the Ada FAQ at http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/FAQ/comp-lang-ada.html.

--
| Mike Bishop         | How come they can make a potato chip in |
| mbishop@ghgcorp.com | one second, but it takes us months to   |

* Re: Can't find Ada FAQ (Now Found!)
@ 1996-05-23  0:00   ` Magnus Kempe
From: Magnus Kempe @ 1996-05-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

mg24461@gaia.swip.net wrote:

> Where is the Ada FAQ's ?

bowmanc@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us (Carl Bowman) replies:

  [snipped answer: anything _but_ where the Ada FAQ is located]

What's so hard about saying where the FAQ is rather than advertising the
AdaIC?

Four important Ada FAQ pages are accessible through the page

  http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/FAQ/

They are posted monthly to comp.lang.ada and *.answers groups, and are
consequently available through major FTP sites, such as directory

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.answers/computer-lang/Ada

And in case anyone is worried and can't sleep at night, some information
about the AdaIC is listed in the Ada FAQ.

The FAQ also indicates where it can be found :-)
Hope this helps.
--
Magnus Kempe                  "I know not what course others may take, but as
Magnus.Kempe@di.epfl.ch        for me, Give me Liberty... or give me Death!"