* Re: Books on 95 (fwd)
@ 1996-05-07  0:00 Dave
From: Dave @ 1996-05-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apparently, John Barnes and a few others, were a little confused about
some comments I recently made concerning his book "Programming in
Ada95".  What follows is part of my reply to Barnes -- which should clear up
everything.

From: Chris Papademetrious @ 1996-05-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave <davedave@io.com> wrote:
>Actually, John, I feel that the new book is much much better than the old
>one.  Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the old edition here in my
>office, so I cannot give you any specifics.  However, the fact that
>"things are more interwoven in 95" makes it much more useful for teaching
>Ada.  I realize that these changes were not that significant from the
>writer's viewpoint; however, from the reader's viewpoint they can be very
>significant.  This is especially true if someone is learning Ada95 for the
>first time.  In fact, I feel that your book is the best book for teaching
>an experienced programmer Ada95.

This is the book that I'm currently learning from.  I'm really
enjoying the read, it's keeping me almost as hooked as a good
espionage novel!  :-)

I'm still quite in the dark about how to structure a large package,
and whether I should be using child packages or not for some various
implementations of things, but I suppose I'll have patience and maybe
that will get explained later.

 - Chris