* [Q] Ada and Voice compression
@ 1996-05-05  0:00 Vasiliy Molostov
From: Vasiliy Molostov @ 1996-05-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please, help me to locate the following Ada components:
(1) IDEA (International Data Encryption Algorithm), formerly known as
IPES (Improved Proposed Encryption Standard).
(2) MD5 message-digest algorithm.The algorithm is due to Ron Rivest.
I am very interested, is anywhere available ones in Ada (83 preffered) in
reusable form?

Also I am very interested in any Ada implementations of standard
voice compression algoritms (such as CELP, GSM or LPC)

Please, if you know a bit about those implementations or you can suggest
anything helpful with locating ones, e-mail to edv@rtsnet.ru (or c.l.a).

Thank you for help!

Edv.

* Re: [Q] Ada and Voice compression
@ 1996-05-06  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1996-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>voice compression algoritms (such as CELP, GSM or LPC)
>Please, if you know a bit about those implementations or you can suggest
  I have an Ada 83 whiteboard program that does LPC speech compression.
It's pretty straightforward.  If you're interested in particular in
encrypted speech, look in comp.speech for references to "Nautilus",
which does very simple compression (essentially, it decides between
two canned sets of LPC-2 parameters and also transmits a single bit
of error/sampel, as I recall) and encrypts the speech in real time.
It was mentioned between 6 months and 1 year ago, I think.  Phil
Zimmerman, of PGP fame, is reportedly incorporating and one of the
products will be speech encryption - I don't know if that derives
from Nautilus.

* Re: [Q] Ada and Voice compression
@ 1996-05-08  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1996-05-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Someone sent me e-mail on this subject but it got lost.  Please resend.
Sorry,
Tom Moran