From: kdm@rational.com (Kent Mitchell)
Subject: Re: Is Dave Denney at it again, making obscene death threats ?
Date: 1996/05/01
Date: 1996-05-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Colin James III (The Rt Rev'd) (cjames@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: Today I was informed by AT&T security personnel by telephone that David
: Denney of Dimensional Communications, LLC, Denver, CO, had been sent
: email about obscene email from Denney et al to me.

Of course we'll assume that *this* is the truth but it really says nothing.
Maybe they sent him e-mail encouraging him to send more mail to Colon.
I kind of doubt it but you never really know from this statement.

: In my opinion, the email must have made Denney absolutely furious;  so
: angry in fact that I received the following from him, via an anonymous
: mailing at The University of Denver.  What is curious is that in my
: opinion Denney is apparently trying to impersonate David Weller now.

Of course Colon knows who sends him mail via anonymous services.  Not only
is he a "reverend" but now a mind reader.  He *KNOWS* this is David Denney
even if there is no information that identifies the writer.  And how David
Weller relates to this is a reach but I guess Colon just can't keep from
dragging other people into his postings in the vain hope that someone will
care.

: -----------------[ begin obscene death threat by email ]---------

I don't see how the message  Colon posted is a "death threat".  I sounds
like a a simple statement of the desires of the writer with no implied
course of actions stated.  It's hard for anything to be a threat unless
someone actually state that he (or his agents) are going to cause an action.
About this message being obscene, well in order for something to be obscene
it is generally accepted that it must have "no redeeming social value".
It may be hard to argue that this message falls into this category as many
people might consider the death of Colon as a "good event" for society.

--
Kent Mitchell                   | One possible reason that things aren't
Technical Consultant            | going according to plan is .....