* DBG for gnat?
@ 1996-04-29  0:00 Neck-Foo
From: Neck-Foo @ 1996-04-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded gnat for DOS, but can't find anything about dbg.
Where can I get it and how do I get it to work?  Gnatinfo.txt has very
little information.  The only file I have that might be something related
is "gdb", but it has no extension (ie .exe or .com).
-Matt Brown
But seriously folks . . . drinking and driving . . .
What's up with that?   -Cliff Claven

* Re: DBG for gnat?
@ 1996-04-29  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1996-04-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Neck-Foo (brown@zeus.towson.edu) wrote:

: I downloaded gnat for DOS, but can't find anything about dbg.
: Where can I get it and how do I get it to work?  Gnatinfo.txt has very
: little information.  The only file I have that might be something related
: is "gdb", but it has no extension (ie .exe or .com).

That is because gdb in the current version of GNAT/DOS is run from the
DOS extender go32, like:

	go32 -d gdb <your coff file>

Note that gdb needs a /coff/ file, not an exe file. If the latter is all
you have, use exe2coff <your_exe> to retrieve it. Otherwise compile and link
like:

	gcc -c -g <your_program>.adb
	gnatbl -g <your_program>.ali

to get both an exe file and a coff file with debugging info.

Hope this helps,
Jerry
--  Jerry van Dijk       --   e-mail: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl  --
--  Banking Consultant   --              Member Team-Ada             --
--  Ordina Finance BV    --    Located at Haarlem, The Netherlands   --

* Re: DBG for gnat?
@ 1996-05-01  0:00   ` Stephen Eaton
From: Stephen Eaton @ 1996-05-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is this possible under gnat301a for winNT/95?