From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Cc: fryzlewicz@ci-4.ci.pwr.wroc.pl
Subject: Windows Lib files (was 'out of environment space')
Date: 1996/04/24
Date: 1996-04-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

fryzlewicz@ci-4.ci.pwr.wroc.pl writes:

[snip]

>But now new problem has occured.
>Script file winlibs.ld is invoked when switch mwindows is used in the command line. The contents of the
>winlibs.ld is as follows:
>SECTIONS {.text 0x401000 :{
>...\gnat301a\lib\comdlg32.lib
>...\gnat301a\lib\advapi32.lib
>...\gnat301a\lib\gdi32.lib
>}}
>and above mentioned lib files are sought during linking process. However, such files do not exist. I've found
>only "similiar" files with dll extention, i.e. comdlg32.dll, advapi32.dll, gdi32.dll.
>My question is how to obtain the required lib files ? (I've followed all steps of installation process).

These files are distributed by a variety of sources, but all of them
(AFAIK) are pay-for development environements, including MSVC, MS SDK
(with developer's platform), I believe the Borland SDK has these, and
we have a low-cost SDK that includes them along with the GNAT compiler
and the Win32 Ada bindings.

-Tom
LabTek Corp.