* Ada 95 Booch Components Beta release accouncement
@ 1996-04-13  0:00 David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1996-04-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is to announce the first public release of the Ada 95 Booch
Components.  This release only provides the Queues sequential
hierarchy, but near-future releases will include other components.

The Ada 95 Booch Components represents a significant departure from
future releases of the Booch Components (previously released in Ada83,
C++, Eiffel, and Smalltalk versions) in that the Ada 95 version is
free.

Yes, that's right, F-R-E-E.

The temporary site is at ftp://ftp.dfw.net/pub/users/dweller.  You
should select the ".zip" file if you are using a Microsoft operating
system other than Windows 95 or Windows NT.

Please take the time to read the supplemental data, along with the web
page located at www.ocsystems.com/booch.

Enjoy!

--
    Visit the Ada 95 Booch Components Homepage: www.ocsystems.com/booch
           This is not your father's Ada -- lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada

* Re: Ada 95 Booch Components Beta release accouncement
@ 1996-04-17  0:00 ` Theodore E. Dennison
From: Theodore E. Dennison @ 1996-04-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Weller wrote:

> The temporary site is at ftp://ftp.dfw.net/pub/users/dweller  You
> should select the ".zip" file if you are using a Microsoft operating
> system other than Windows 95 or Windows NT.
>
> Please take the time to read the supplemental data, along with the web
> page located at www.ocsystems.com/booch.

Hmmm. Why doesn't that page have a link to the ftp site? Is it because
this is not yet a complete release?

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |

* Re: Ada 95 Booch Components Beta release accouncement
@ 1996-04-20  0:00   ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1996-04-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3174E61A.15FB7483@escmail.orl.mmc.com>,
Theodore E. Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> wrote:
>David Weller wrote:
>> The temporary site is at ftp://ftp.dfw.net/pub/users/dweller  You
>> should select the ".zip" file if you are using a Microsoft operating
>> system other than Windows 95 or Windows NT.
>> Please take the time to read the supplemental data, along with the web
>> page located at www.ocsystems.com/booch.
>
>Hmmm. Why doesn't that page have a link to the ftp site? Is it because
>this is not yet a complete release?

Well, I've clearly indicated the release is far from complete, and
that the release is definitely beta.  In any case, the web page now
has been updated to allow direct downloading.

I apologize for the delay between the posting of the ftp site and
the updating of the web page, but I"m not the author of the web
pages, so there's a slight delay.

--
    Visit the Ada 95 Booch Components Homepage: www.ocsystems.com/booch
           This is not your father's Ada -- lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada

* Failure of Ada 95 Booch Components Beta release
@ 1996-04-22  0:00     ` Colin James III (The Rt Rev'd)
From: Colin James III (The Rt Rev'd) @ 1996-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srctran

Should we expect anything but failure from those contractor-slime losers,
David Weller and Theodore Dennison ?

All Weller had to do to convert the Booch components to Ada95 was to get
the _complete_ Ada83 components from Booch (when I checked 5-years ago,
the cost was $1000 from Booch directly, and the format was Apple-only,
for a real developer's machine), then write a simple look-up table
program to replace the old constructs with new -- (read as trivial, and
probably already done by SGI weenies).

Maybe Gary McKee could help;  he's getting taxpayer dollars for the pork
barrel/boondoggle of promoting Ada95 on Apples.

But I think it is worth the time of the Ada community to hear Weller hold
forth for 90-minutes at their next smooze-fest on the East Coast about
other people's work.

I'll watch all of them in the funny papers.

dweller@dfw.net (David Weller) wrote:
>In article <3174E61A.15FB7483@escmail.orl.mmc.com>,
>Theodore E. Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> wrote:

>>Hmmm. Why doesn't that page have a link to the ftp site? Is it because
>>this is not yet a complete release?
>>

>Well, I've clearly indicated the release is far from complete, and
>that the release is definitely beta.  In any case, the web page now
>has been updated to allow direct downloading.
>
>I apologize for the delay between the posting of the ftp site and
>the updating of the web page, but I"m not the author of the web
>pages, so there's a slight delay.

* Failure to post timely whinging reply
@ 1996-04-22  0:00       ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 1996-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Should we expect anything but failure from that righteous-slime loser,
Colin ?

All Colin had to do to change the Booch components announcement to
a whinge was to get the _complete_ posting (when I checked 5-minutes ago,
the cost was free from newsnet directly, and the format was text-only,
for a real developer's machine), then write a simple look-up table
program to replace the old statements with whinging -- (read as trivial, and
probably already done by SGI weenies).

etc. etc.

Dale :-)