From: westonpa@girtab.usc.edu (Weston T. Pan)
Subject: Re: gnat for DOS
Date: 1996/04/21
Date: 1996-04-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:

>In article <317A8B31.CFD@easystreet.com>,
>gnatmake is "broken" in the current (3.01) version of GNAT under DOS

Isn't there a newer version? I could have sworn I downloaded some files
called gnat-3.03-dos* . However, they came with djgpp 1.12 and don't
support tasking.

>That said, I should point out that a 3.03 release, compiled for djgpp
>version _2_ (which uses dpmi memory and has no more of the above
>problems) is quite near at hand (a week or so). Better still, this
>release has a tasking runtime! We've done some pretty extensive
>testing and think this will be a very good release. gnatmake works
>just peachy keen. So does the tasking stuff.

Wonderful!

>The DOS build for djgpp v2, and the completion of the tasking runtime,
>was done mostly by Doug Rupp of ACT, to whom all GNAT/DOS fans will owe

If you see this, Thank you Doug!

>thanks. The final packaging and integration with a new AdaCAPS release

I really like this editor. I hope the new one supports color syntax and
doesn't have that 64k limit.

>is happening at GW.

>Stay tuned; we'll post an anouncement here, of course.

Any plan for interrupt support?