From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: MachTen & GNAT memory requirements
Date: 1996/04/21
Date: 1996-04-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <AD9D1442966831182@p2.denver2.dialup.csn.net>,
Gary McKee <gmckee@cloudnine.com> wrote:

>I believe that the smallest amount of RAM that anyone one our team is using
>is 16 megs. At 16 megs you should turn on the Mac System VM and expect that
>it isn't real peppy.

I'm running the 68k version with 12mb RAM on a IIci. I'm one of the
GNAT-Mac team members, and part of my role is to keep my machines on
the smallish side, just to keep us all in sympathy with what small-
machines users will be going through.:-)

Gary's statement that "it isn't real peppy" is putting it politely.
'Course the IIci is not a peppy machine either (25mhz 68030).

My 7500 with 16mb is better.

Mike Feldman