From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Cc: nicnac@dial.pipex.com
Subject: Re: Installing Gnat 'out of environment space'
Date: 1996/04/16
Date: 1996-04-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Nick Sharples <nicnac@dial.pipex.com> writes:
>I'm having trouble running out of environment space when I try to
>run the 'setpath.bat' file with the latest
>release of Gnat for Win95.
>
>How do I solve this little problem?

Too bad the Win95 help is so junky that you can't use it to figure this
out.  Maybe in the next release of Win95....

Anyhow you can try this:

To increase the environment space allocated to a command window in Win95:

You can change either the properties of the "command.com" program
or any shortcut to that program.  The following tells you how to do it
to the command.com program:

Right click on start button.  Click on "explore".

Using the explorer, navigate to the windows directory (normally c:\windows)
and right-click on "command.com" in the right pane.  Click "properties".

Select the "Memory" tab and in the drop down box under "Initial Environment"
choose a size of at least 1024 bytes.