* protection?
@ 1996-04-14  0:00 Todd Kramer (GE)
From: Todd Kramer (GE) @ 1996-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can ANYONE out there recommend a deffinitive, easy to find guide on how
ada hides information, uses private, and instantiates one function using
another from a generic package.

I have been given several assignments requiring the use of these features
and NEITHER text available to me tells me much of anything usefull.

I'm on a timetable to finish several programs already late because of
these and I no longer have the time to spend 40+ hours at trail and error
to figure out whhat the bloody blazes the designners were tryinng to do.

If any of you can point me in the right direction, I would REALLY
appreciate it.

							TIA

								TK

* Re: protection?
@ 1996-04-15  0:00 ` John Herro
From: John Herro @ 1996-04-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

kramer@suntan.eng.usf.edu (Todd Kramer (GE)) writes:
> Can ANYONE out there recommend a definitive, easy
> to find guide on how Ada hides information, [etc.]
     I've written a shareware interactive Ada tutorial available for
download at http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor and at
ftp://members.aol.com/AdaTutor.  For your purposes, I suggest skipping the
introduction and going right to the main menu by typing X, then N, and
then selecting item 4, the main menu.  There's also a free Ada tutorial at
http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/Tutorials/Lovelace/lovelace.html.  Finally, if
you want a really good textbook, the above AdaTutor sites (both http and
ftp) contain a coupon to simplify ordering RENDEZVOUS WITH ADA 95, by
David Naiditch, directly from the publisher.  (If you want to go directly
to the coupon, you can save time by pointing your Web browser directly to
http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor/textbook.htm.)
     Ada is a large language, and learning it can seem difficult at first,
but you'll find that it has real advantages over other programming
languages.  Once you get into it, you'll won't want to program in anything
else!  Good luck, and let us people here at comp.lang.ada know if we can
help you any further.
- John Herro, Ph.D.
Software Innovations Technology