* ADA 95/Gnat Problem?
@ 1996-04-11  0:00 R.J. Kirkbride
From: R.J. Kirkbride @ 1996-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know why the code at the end produces the following error
message?

It works under an Ada 83 compiler fine so I am not sure whether this
is an Ada 95 issue or Gnat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rob.

GNU Ada version 2.7.2 (80386, BSD syntax) compiled by GNU C version
2.7.0.
enabled: -fpeephole -ffunction-cse -freg-struct-return -fcommon
-fgnu-linker
	 -m80387 -mhard-float -mno-soft-float -mno-386 -m486 -mieee-fp
	 -mfp-ret-in-387
bug.adb:14:08: expected private type "Set" defined at
generic_bounded_ordered_set.ads:9
bug.adb:14:08: found private type "Set" defined at
generic_bounded_ordered_set.ads:9

with Text_Io;
with Generic_Bounded_Ordered_Set;
procedure Bug is

  package Test_Bounded_Ordered_Set is new
    Generic_Bounded_Ordered_Set
    (Item => integer,
     The_Size => 10,
     Is_Equal => "=");

  type Selector is (X,Y);

  type Variant (The_Selector : Selector := X) is
     record
        case The_Selector is
           when X =>
              A_Set : Test_Bounded_Ordered_Set.Set;
           when Y =>
              null;
        end case;
     end record;

begin
   null;

end Bug;

generic

    type Item is private;
    The_Size : Positive;
    with function is_equal(l,r:item) return boolean is "=";

package Generic_Bounded_Ordered_Set is

    type Set is private;

    -- constructors
    procedure Clear (The_Set : in out Set);

    procedure Copy (From_The_Set : in Set; To_The_Set : out Set);

    procedure Add (Into_The_Set : in out Set; The_Item : in Item);

    procedure Insert (Into_The_Set : in out Set;
                      The_Item : in Item;
                      At_Position : in Positive);

    procedure Delete (From_The_Set : in out Set; At_Position : in
Positive);

    procedure Update (In_The_Set : in out Set;
                      At_Position : in Positive;
                      With_New_Value : in Item);

    -- selectors
    function The_Value_Of
                (In_The_Set : Set; At_Position : Positive) return
Item;

    function The_Position_Of
                (In_The_Set : Set; With_Value : Item) return Natural;

    function Is_Full (The_Set : Set) return Boolean;

    function Is_Empty (The_Set : Set) return Boolean;

    function Current_Count (Of_The_Set : Set) return Natural;

    -- iterators
    generic

        with procedure Process (The_Item : in Item; Continue : in out
Boolean);

    procedure Iterate (Over_The_Set : in Set);

    -- exception
    Generic_Bounded_Ordered_Set_Error : exception;

private
    -- Declared a new item below:-
    type An_Item is
        record
            This_Item : Item;
            Used : Boolean := false;
        end record;

    subtype set_index is Positive range 1 .. the_size;
        --
        --!!!!WARNING Ref 354.1 - Array with dynamic bounds
    type Set is array (set_index) of An_Item;

end Generic_Bounded_Ordered_Set;

* Re: ADA 95/Gnat Problem?
@ 1996-04-11  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob asks about an error encountered with

GNU Ada version 2.7.2 (80386, BSD syntax) compiled by GNU C version

now I don't know exactly what GNU Ada version 2.7.2 might mean, and
surely GNU C can't copile Ada, so this is a bit mixed up, but likely
he is referring to GNAT verion 2.07, which is truly ancient at this
stage, but not so ancient that the documentation did not contain
the email address to report bugs :-)

anyway, this particular bug was fixed long ago, I can't even lay my
hands on a version old enough to reproduce it.

* Re: ADA 95/Gnat Problem?
@ 1996-04-12  0:00   ` Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 1996-04-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <dewar.829265433@schonberg> dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:
>Rob asks about an error encountered with
>
>GNU Ada version 2.7.2 (80386, BSD syntax) compiled by GNU C version

This is a line printed out by gnat1 when gcc -v is specified.  It says
nothing whatsoever about the version of GNAT used, just that it was based
on GCC 2.7.2.