From: Goodenough@sei.cmu.edu (John Goodenough)
Subject: Re: ACVC and Compiler Quality (was: Ada Core Technologies blah blah blah)
Date: 1996/04/11
Date: 1996-04-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <316B9234.35AA@lfwc.lockheed.com>, Ken Garlington
<garlingtonke@lfwc.lockheed.com> writes:

>> 3) John Goodenough's paper - I found several references to the Quality and
>> Style guide on Ada IC when I searched on "goodenough". Was this what you
>> had in mind, or was there some other paper? If so, how would the average
>> end user get it? Furthermore, if this paper is not incorporated into the
>> official AJPO documentation, how useful is it?

Here are the references: The first is the paper describing the original ACVC
design goals and philosophy.  The second is a "lessons-learned" paper and
among other things, discusses the reason for taking a "usage-oriented"
approach to the Ada 95 tests.  Unfortunately, this reference is not widely
available and I don't have an online copy available.

    Goodenough, J.B. The Ada compiler validation capability.  COMPUTER
    14(6):57-64, June 1981.

    Goodenough, J. B. Ada compiler validation: an example of software testing
    theory and practice.  In: A.N. Haberman and U. Montinari (Eds.), System
    Development and Ada, Proceedings of the CRAI Workshop on Software Factories
    and Ada, Capri Italy, May 26 - 30, 1986.  Lecture Notes in Computer Science
    No. 275.  New York, Springer-Verlag 1986, pps. 195 - 232

John B. Goodenough					Goodenough@sei.cmu.edu
Software Engineering Institute				412-268-6391