From: morphis@fnalv1.fnal.gov
Subject: Re: GNAT, OS/2, Libraries
Date: 1996/04/10
Date: 1996-04-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I want to thank Tore and the others who have posted and emailed explanations
and ... ummm ask another question :)

 tojst1+@pitt.edu (Tore Joergensen) writes:
>morphis@fnalv1.fnal.gov wrote:
>:     Hi,
>:     	I occasionally lurk here and one of the comments I have read
>:     about GNAT in general and GNAT for OS/2 in particular is that there
>:     is a lack of libraries.  Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?
>:     	Are we talking about something basic to the language? or about
>:     libraries of routines that will find the roots of Bessel functions,
>:     draw squares or create x-widgets?
>
> There are thin bindings to the OS/2 API, but
>that is a bit low-level for big programs :-).

sigh, I ask a question and then get more confused.  I can guess what a
binding is but a "thin binding"?  (why do I feel like I am way over my
head? :)

>I'm not sure what the root of a Bessel function is, but it sounds like
>something that is compiler and OS independent

very much so <VBG>

> Create x-widgets isn't very useful
>under OS/2 unless you have a X-environment :-).

oops, I sit in front of an x-terminal most of the day so that is what
popped into my mind... though Xfree86 is in advanced alpha...

>| Tore B. Joergensen      | e-mail : tore@lis.pitt.edu                |

Robert Morphis