From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: ACVC, was Re: Ada Core Technologies and Ada95 Standards
Date: 1996/04/04
Date: 1996-04-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

One view I've heard is that the ACVC doesn't test compilers so much
as it tests compiler writers.  Their understanding, as demonstrated
by an implementation, of the language.
  I wonder what fraction of production Ada programs are actually
compiled with the validated version of the compiler, with the
validated compiler option settings, etc.  Or even with 'home
validated' versions.