From: wheeler@aphrodite.csed.ida.org (David Wheeler)
Subject: Re: converting ada to html
Date: 1996/04/04
Date: 1996-04-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mark Hertel (mhertel@alphatech.com) wrote:

: I was wondering if there are any tools for converting ada source to
: html documents.  I found ada2html by David Wheeler but it requires
: GNAT.  Are there any converters that don't rely on GNAT?

: Mark Hertel
: mhertel@alphatech.com

"src2ada" doesn't require GNAT, it's at URL:
  http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/young/software/src2www.html

Src2ada is nice for what it does, but it does _NOT_ create hypertext links
between uses and definitions (with statements, declarations and uses, etc).
Src2ada is bent on creating an alphabetical index.  That's a really
significant limitation, so much so that I wrote ada2html.  I think
you'll find that ada2html will give you better final results
(in my unbiased opinion :-)).

You don't have to use GNAT to _compile_ your code; you can use ada2html
on Ada95 code that you compile with other compilers.

Hope that helps.

--- David A. Wheeler
Net address: wheeler@ida.org