From: labtek@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Subject: Re: GNAT's gnatchp
Date: 1996/04/03
Date: 1996-04-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <dewar.828449600@schonberg> dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:

[example of gnatchop error in gcc.hlp doc on Win95 platform snipped]

>OOPS! This indeed is a goof. Our documentation (gnatinfo.txt) of course
>does not contain this error, but apparently Tom Griest (the source of
>a helpful response, but also apparently responsble for the confusion
>in the first place :-) slipped up in creating this gcc.hlp file (which
>is not something we have anything to do with).

Actually, I did not create the help file, but one of my employees did,
which ultimately I take responsibilty for.  I thought she had just
"included" the then-current gnatinfo.txt, but it seems in this case
she altered it beyond added the hyperlinks.  The text seems so close,
and yet so far.... :)   I do know that at one time the gnatchop batch
file did not work on NT, but I'm at a loss as to how it got scrambled.

We do include the gnatinfo.txt too.  I plan to take a sweep over the
help files, but I was waiting for the release of the gnat users guide.
Maybe I should get the release from SGI.  In any case, this error
has been corrected in the help sources.