From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Cc: pierce@patriot.net
Subject: Re: GNAT's gnatchp
Date: 1996/03/31
Date: 1996-03-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Peter J. Pierce <pierce@patriot.net> writes:
>I have been trying to get the GNAT utility "gnatchp" to work
>without success.
>
>I have strictly followed the documentation
>in the help file gcc.hlp which was distributed with
>version 3.01 for Windows95/NT.  I have tried it both with
>version 3.01 for Windows95/NT and with version 3.03 on a SUN.

Well, I can't speak for the Sun version, but on Win32 platforms
you want to use "gnatchop" not "gnatchp".  This is especially
confusing since there is a gnatchp.exe program that is invoked
by gnatchop.bat.  I think in future versions, it might be a good
idea to give gnatchp a different name so that this type of error
doesn't happen.  I'll submit a comment to the list that is
involved in maintaining gnat, since we would have to coordinate all
the ports to change at the same time.

-Tom