* GNAT's gnatchp
@ 1996-03-30  0:00 Peter J. Pierce
From: Peter J. Pierce @ 1996-03-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been trying to get the GNAT utility "gnatchp" to work
without success.

I have strictly followed the documentation
in the help file gcc.hlp which was distributed with
version 3.01 for Windows95/NT.  I have tried it both with
version 3.01 for Windows95/NT and with version 3.03 on a SUN.

I get the display "splitting filename.ext into:" with
each but then nothing happens.  In both cases I have changed
directory to where the source code is located.

Any hints?  Thank you in advance.

-- Peter Pierce 3/29/96

* Re: GNAT's gnatchp
@ 1996-04-01  0:00 Peter J. Pierce
From: Peter J. Pierce @ 1996-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mr. Dewar:

In self defense, the following is verbatim from file gcc.hlp
which is distributed with gnat for Windows95/NT:

--- begin excerpt ---

Usage : gnatchp [-ksw] filename [directory]
k		limit filenames to 8 characters.
r		generate source reference pragmas
s		generate a compilation script.
w	overwrite existing filenames.

--- end excerpt -----

Why would you take an unfounded jab at me?  There is a file
gnatchp.exe, by the way - which adds to the confusion.

I got other HELPFUL responses which allowed me to determine
I had a "bad" copy of gnatchop.bat.  Once replaced, it worked
fine.

Peter J. Pierce 4/1/96