From: crispen@hiwaay.net (Bob Crispen)
Subject: Re: Problem with Win32Ada
Date: 1996/03/29
Date: 1996-03-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US (Robert S. White) wrote:

>In article <4jc3oo$q5g@simba.lejonet.se>, bois@gbg.ifsab.se says...

>>I am having some problems with the Win32Ada binding.  I am using GNAT
>>3.01a ( NT Workstation 4.0 Build 1234 ). When I run the install.bat I
>>get the following printout:
[snip]
>>C:\gnat301a\win32Ada\src\win32-assert.obj: In function
>>`_win32__assert__fail_assertion':
>>win32-assert.adb:41: undefined reference to `__assert'
>>The name specified is not recognized as an internal or external
>>command, operable program or batch file.
[snip]
>  I get exactly the same error.  But I was too lazy to immediately report
>it, besides I was tyring to see if I could solve the problem first.

>  I was able to reduce the errors by trying various MSVCNT libraries in
>libs.ld  such as \msvcnt\lib\msvcrt.lib, but still get a unresolved symbol
>for __iob on the test_stdio test program.

Ditto for me, except (you didn't note this, but I expect it works for
y'all, too) testexten.adb links and runs fine.  I tried putting
various libraries from Cygnus in the link path (e.g., libc.a), but so
far no joy.  I'm off to do some heavy reading of the documentation.

Since y'all probably noticed that Gnat 3.01 comes with simple.adb, the
Ada version of the WinAPI "hello, world", in its demos folder, and
since I can compile and link and run the C WinAPI "hello, world"
program with Cygnus GnuWin32, I expect I'm really, really close to the
solution, and I *don't* have to spend the money on the Microsoft SDK.

Anybody else out there working with Cygnus GnuWin32 who got Win32Ada
working?

Anyhow, off to the documentation I go.

Bob Crispen
crispen@hiwaay.net