* GNAT installation ?
@ 1996-03-26  0:00 Richard Pitre
From: Richard Pitre @ 1996-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having a little trouble getting started with GNAT
for NeXTStep (UNIX BSD 4.3).
the gcc version is 2.7.2 and I think that GNAT version is 3.01a

I compiled this exercise 1.2a from Cohen's book
******************************
with Ada.Integer_Text_IO;

procedure Sum_3_Inputs is
-- This program reads in three numbers
-- and prints out their sum
A,B,C: Integer;

begin
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Get(A);
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Get(B);
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Get(C);
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Put(A+B+C);
end Sum_3_Inputs;
******************************

When I run gnatbl, I get the message:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_getcwd

Any clues.

richard

* Re: GNAT installation ?
@ 1996-03-26  0:00 ` Larry Howard
From: Larry Howard @ 1996-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4j95ad$eep@ra.nrl.navy.mil> pitre@n5160d.nrl.navy.mil
(Richard Pitre) writes:

>I'm having a little trouble getting started with GNAT
>for NeXTStep (UNIX BSD 4.3).
>the gcc version is 2.7.2 and I think that GNAT version is 3.01a

<snip>

>When I run gnatbl, I get the message:
>
>ld: Undefined symbols:
>_getcwd
>
>Any clues.

gnat RTL on NeXTStep uses POSIX routines.  Use -posix flag on
gnatbl; e.g.,

>gnatbl -posix -o sum_3_inputs sum_3_inputs.ali

There should be a README.NEXT file in your distribution which
explains this.
--
Larry Howard
Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University