From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Cc: beidler@uofs.edu
Subject: Re: GNAT in Windows'95 Difficulty (setting environment space)
Date: 1996/03/26
Date: 1996-03-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jack Beidler <beidler@cs.uofs.edu> writes:

[snip]

>The problem is my lack of experience with Windows '95, not with GNAT.

Thanks for clarifying.  Some folks get the wrong idea when they see
subjects indicating problems with GNAT.  Still, we are working at
trying to make it as automatic as possible to use GNAT on Win95,
because the people using Win95 like things to work without
it being necessary to read instructions.  That is our goal.

[snip]

>After loading the Win '95/Win NT version on my machine, when I
>click the SETPATH before trying anything with GNAT, I get an
>"out of environment space" message.

Here is a solution:

-Tom

To increase the environment space allocated to a command window in Win95:

You can change either the properties of the "command.com" program
or any shortcut to that program.  The following tells you how to do it
to the command.com program:

Right click on start button.  Click on "explore".

Using the explorer, navigate to the windows directory (normally c:\windows)
and right-click on "command.com" in the right pane.  Click "properties".

Select the "Memory" tab and in the drop down box under "Initial Environment"
choose a size of at least 1024 bytes.