* Re: F-16 Update
@ 1996-03-20  0:00 Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93
From: Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93 @ 1996-03-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sam Harbaugh <harbaugh@ACUSYS.COM> writes:

>The F-16...
>
>A Lean, Mean, Flameout Machine.

    This *might* be true of all the F-16's which are flying engines
    made by a light bulb company. I'd suggest the author try flying
    one with a *good* engine in it, like - oh... say... - A Pratt &
    Whitney F100-PW229.

    Of course, the F100-PW229 is not currently programmed in Ada, but
    we plan on a version of our F119 engine which should slip into the
    F-16 chasis. Then you can *really* take a smokin' ride!

    Pratt & Whitney Engines: Thrust You Can Trust!

    Pax,
    Marin

Marin David Condic, Senior Computer Engineer    ATT:        407.796.8997
M/S 731-93                                      Technet:    796.8997
Pratt & Whitney, GESP                           Fax:        407.796.4669
P.O. Box 109600                                 Internet:   CONDICMA@PWFL.COM
West Palm Beach, FL 33410-9600                  Internet:   MDCONDIC@AOL.COM
    "Eagles may soar, but a weasle never gets sucked up into a jet
    engine."

        --  Author Unknown

* F-16 Update
@ 1996-03-20  0:00 Sam Harbaugh
From: Sam Harbaugh @ 1996-03-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

This came from a former Eagle driver and reached me through a circuitous
route of AF people.  Thought you people working on F-16 software might enjoy :-)
-----
Air-to-Everything," here is what several Eagle Drivers (including Skull at
the Spang) said about it.  These captions can be used for the next round
of pork barrel propaganda.  The following are captions to replace that
stale, boring one:

The F-16...

A Lean, Mean, Flameout Machine.
I SHALL RETURN...Well, I might.
Takes a licking and...takes a licking.
Have you hugged your chute today?
This Vehicle Makes Frequent Stops.
I came.  I saw.  I bingo+d.
No deposit, no return.
We+ve spent so much money on this thing that we can+t afford to admit we
were wrong.
A triumph of style over substance.
The best darn second place fighter in the world.
Instead of a CAS [Close Air Support] mod, we+re going to install a roll
bar.
And now with this LANTIRN thing and our new Block 40+s, we can hit the
ground at night, too!
Crunch all you want...we+ll make more.
We cover the target like a thong bikini.
And BINGO is my Name-O.
We crash more airplanes before 9-o+clock than most people crash all day.
A war record exceeding even the B-1.
Last in the taleknt show, but first in the swimsuit competition.
Lose a few...lose a few.
Feet and knees together, eyes on the horizon...
Designated no-hitter.
Everything you wanted in a fighter...and less.
Optimist: F-16 Pilot who+s worried about dying from cancer.
Only Michael Jackson is more manly.
Hey, today we didn+t lose a single jet.
This is going to hurt me more than it+s going to hurt you.
User friendly...if you+ve got three hands.
Careful badguys...I+m carrying BOTH bombs today.  I+m talkin+ wall-to-wall
Mark-82+s, pal.

If I carried more weapons, and if
I had enough gas, and if
I could actually hit the target, and if
I had some more REALLY expensive electrons so I could find you, and if
My motor didn+t quit, and if
My wings didn+t crack,
Boy, I+d really teach you a lesson!

------- End of Forwarded Message

* Re: F-16 Update
@ 1996-03-22  0:00 ` Byron B. Kauffman
From: Byron B. Kauffman @ 1996-03-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sam Harbaugh wrote:

blah, blah

> The F-16...
>
> A Lean, Mean, Flameout Machine.
> I SHALL RETURN...Well, I might.
blah, blah, snip

Bad timing Sam - an F-15 just made a smoking hole in the ground
at Nellis yesterday...

* Re: F-16 Update
@ 1996-03-25  0:00 ` Jack Horner
From: Jack Horner @ 1996-03-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

PERSONYX, Inc., sells an automated JOVIAL-to-Ada and JOVIAL-to-C
translator.  For further information, contact

	PERSONYX, Inc.
	314 E. San Rafael Street
	Colorado Springs, CO  80903
	Voice:   719-475-8781