From: "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com>
Subject: Re: gnat 3.15p/Windows and tasking bug
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:33:03 +0200
Date: 2006-07-25T09:33:03+02:00	[thread overview]

Michael Bode wrote:

> "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com> writes:
>
>> https://svn.mosteo.com/public/adagio/gnatpatch/
>>
>> I strongly suspect the only one with modifications is s-tasren.adb, the
>> others are simply there because they had to be recompiled because of
>> dependencies. However this is just a fuzzy recall.
>
> Thanks. The only difference apart from revision numbers is in
> s-osprim.adb in line 165:
>
> Base_Monotonic_Clock := Base_Clock;

Now that you point it, it rings a bell: it was in fact s-osprim.adb and that
was the change.

>> What I can say is that when recompiling these files and linking them with
>> my program, the bug went away.
>
> Mine went away when I started to insert debugging code. Seems to be
> a Heisenbug :-(

A Bad Thing, I'm sorry. If you can get the archive of the old Gnat list
(I've been unable myself after five minutes), I posted there a testcase
that helped me, with the aid of several people, to test for this bug. It
was a simple program with a lot of tasks that usually triggered the bug in
few minutes. Nobody in that list knew of the bug, so we hunted for it in
several platforms.

Best,

A. Mosteo.