From: rogerlc@aol.com (RogerLC)
Subject: Re: Prediction: C++ vs. Ada
Date: 1996/03/18
Date: 1996-03-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Reply to:

>> "Ada will increasingly challenge C++ as the industry's language of
choice."

>> Not because of the pros or cons of either language, but because of
Ada's
>> initiative in software reuse.  As the importance of software reuse
becomes
>> evident to all, developers will look towards the language that has the
most
>> activity in software reuse and the largest reuseable software base.

Although I am a C++ programmer, I am interested in anything that will
increase productivity, particularly reuse.  When I think of reuse, I think
of commercially or public domain available libraries.  I see many of these
for C & C++, but few for Ada.  Is this because I am looking in the wrong
place, because I am PC centered or because C++ has much more available in
this area and you are looking at other types of reuse (internal)?

I am interested in your views,

Thanks,  Roger Campbell