From: mjames@spectra.net (Mitchell E. James)
Subject: Re: The return of Ada95
Date: 1996/03/17
Date: 1996-03-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

paul@srv.net (Paul Whittington) wrote:
> Thanks to DLLs the
>integration of a system designed this way is a no-brainer.  Build the
>main program in Delphi 2.0 and have it call the business rule stuff
>written in Ada implemented as a DLL which in turn calls DLLs written
>in Delphi 2.0 that provide the backend support.

I am doing some GUI development in Delphi and think that it is a great
tool for building client/server GUIs.  But, I have been told:

>Tom Griest <griest-tom@CS.YALE.EDU>
>Right now there are some technical issues relating to generating DLL's
>with Ada.  There may be a contract to fund a DLL development kit for
>GNAT/Win32.  If you are interested in "chipping in", let me know.

Since I do have a back end that I would like to use Ada95 for, how are
you making a DLL.

Mitchell James
mjames@cyberhighway.net
http://cyberhighway.net/~mjames/   {check out Ada95 Measurement Types}

(Otto Neugebauer, the historian of ancient mathematics, told a story
about the boy Einstein that he characterizes as a "legend,")
As he was a late talker, his parents were worried.  At last, at the
supper
table one night, he broke his silence to say, "The soup is too hot."
Greatly
relieved, his parents asked why he had never said a word before.
Albert
replied, "Because up to now everything was in order."