* Editor
@ 1996-02-23  0:00 Joshua Davidson
From: Joshua Davidson @ 1996-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there an Ada editor that is color coded (i.e. 'with ada.text_io;'
will show up a different color than the rest of the text) out there on
the internet?

Thanks!

Joshua Davidson

* Re: Editor
@ 1996-02-26  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1996-02-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joshua Davidson wrote:

> Is there an Ada editor that is color coded (i.e. 'with ada.text_io;'
> will show up a different color than the rest of the text) out there on
> the internet?

Emacs will do this in "ada-mode".

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |

* Re: Editor
@ 1996-02-26  0:00 ` John Herro
From: John Herro @ 1996-02-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joshua Davidson <yhdw07a@prodigy.com> writes:
> Is there an Ada editor that is color
> coded (i.e. 'with ada.text_io;' will show
> up a different color than the rest of the
> text) out there on the internet?
     In my collection of shareware, I found RAINBO.ZIP, about 14K, dated
1992.  I'll email it to anyone who asks; the file will be MIME-encoded.
It works in DOS with any existing editor (EDIT, PC-Write, TED, etc.), and
lets you specify keywords and associated colors.  Registration is $29.95,
and like all shareware, you get to try it for free and pay only if you use
it.
     I have no connection with the author, and no financial interest.
I've tried the program, and it seems to work, but I didn't continue to use
it or register because it found and colored "keywords" in quoted strings
like "This IS a test FOR using colors WITH my computer."
- John Herro
Software Innovations Technology
http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor
ftp://members.aol.com/AdaTutor

* Re: Editor
@ 1996-02-26  0:00 Simon Johnston
From: Simon Johnston @ 1996-02-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there an Ada editor that is color coded (i.e. 'with ada.text_io;'
> will show up a different color than the rest of the text) out there on
> the internet?

        Emacs + Ada-mode + Font-Lock-mode

> Thanks!
>
> Joshua Davidson

with StandardDisclaimer; use StandardDisclaimer;
package Sig is
--,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
--|Simon K. Johnston - Development Engineer (C++/Ada95) |ICL Retail Systems |
--|-----------------------------------------------------|3/4 Willoughby Road|
--|Unix Mail: skj@acm.org                               |Bracknell          |
--|Telephone: +44 (0)1344 476320 Fax: +44 (0)1344 476302|Berkshire          |
--|Internal : 7261 6320   OP Mail: S.K.Johnston@BRA0801 |RG12 8TJ           |
--|WWW URL  : http://www.acm.org/~skj/                  |United Kingdom     |
--`-------------------------------------------------------------------------'
end Sig;

* Re: Editor
@ 1996-02-27  0:00 ` K Martin
From: K Martin @ 1996-02-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joshua Davidson (yhdw07a@prodigy.com) wrote:
> Is there an Ada editor that is color coded (i.e. 'with ada.text_io;'
> will show up a different color than the rest of the text) out there on
> the internet?

According to the GNAT documentation, they are working on an Ada mode
for emacs.  However, seeing as I never use it I've no idea about how it
works.  Alternatively, you can (AFAIK) set such a thing up in xvile -
though the only person I know who uses said editor has never got back
to me about the idea about any success they've had.
--
          This terminal is my friend - there are many others like it,
                            but this one is *mine*!

* Re: Editor
@ 1996-02-27  0:00   ` Andreas Almroth
From: Andreas Almroth @ 1996-02-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ajg101@york.ac.uk (K Martin) writes:

>Joshua Davidson (yhdw07a@prodigy.com) wrote:
>> Is there an Ada editor that is color coded (i.e. 'with ada.text_io;'
>> will show up a different color than the rest of the text) out there on
>> the internet?

>According to the GNAT documentation, they are working on an Ada mode
>for emacs.  However, seeing as I never use it I've no idea about how it
>works.  Alternatively, you can (AFAIK) set such a thing up in xvile -
>though the only person I know who uses said editor has never got back
>to me about the idea about any success they've had.
>--

I'm currently using GNU Emacs 19.30, and it came with full mode support for
languages such as Ada and C. It uses different colours for statements,
comments and so on...

My $0.05

/Andreas