From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Subject: Re: Problem Running Gnat On Windows 95
Date: 1996/02/24
Date: 1996-02-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4gmf7b$hqi@tigger.planet.eon.net> terence@agt.net writes:

[symptoms snipped]

>	I have run the setpath.bat, although I believe that this could have
>something to do with the problem, as when it is run it gives each of
>the commands as follows:
>	C:\gnat301a>set ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=\ADAINCLUDE
>	OUT OF ENVIRONMENT SPACE

You must edit the properties of the DOS command window.  Right click
on the command.com (or a shortcut you put on the desktop) and select
properties.  Select the "memory" tab, and set the environment space
to 1024 bytes or better.

We have tried to use the Win95 online help to fix this "problem" of
the "auto" environment sizing, but when we tested it, Win95 would
no longer boot!  Unfortunately, Win95 seems to ignore the environment
key in the registry.  We will continue to investigate this Win95
nonsense, and hopefully will make the installation more bullet proof.

(you should always keep an eye on ftp.cs.yale.edu/pub/gnat/updates
to see if any fixes come out which effect the Win32 versions of GNAT)

-Tom Griest
LabTek : GNAT/Win32 support