* so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-06 19:25 quiet_lad
From: quiet_lad @ 2012-07-06 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

fun stuff?

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-06 20:09 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2012-07-06 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

quiet_lad <gavcomedy@gmail.com> writes:

> fun stuff?

If you followed the group, you would have noticed several examples of
AWS based web sites being mentioned this spring.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Any politician with a live opposition does not understand
 how to make proper use of the true instruments of politics."

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-07  7:38 ` Pascal Obry
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Pascal Obry @ 2012-07-07  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quiet_lad

A photo critic Web site (in French):

   http://v2p.fr.eu.org

This is based on AWS using most of the fun stuff in it, it was a test
bed for the Web_Block support.

It is OpenSource:

   https://github.com/TurboGit/vision2pixels

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-07  7:38 ` Pascal Obry
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Pascal Obry @ 2012-07-07  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quiet_lad

A photo critic Web site (in French):

   http://v2p.fr.eu.org

This is based on AWS using most of the fun stuff in it, it was a test
bed for the Web_Block support.

It is OpenSource:

   https://github.com/TurboGit/vision2pixels

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-07  7:38 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2012-07-07  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-07-09 17:15   ` quiet_lad
From: quiet_lad @ 2012-07-09 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 7, 12:38 am, Pascal Obry <pas...@obry.net> wrote:
> A photo critic Web site (in French):
>
>    http://v2p.fr.eu.org
>
> This is based on AWS using most of the fun stuff in it, it was a test
> bed for the Web_Block support.
>
> It is OpenSource:
>
>    https://github.com/TurboGit/vision2pixels
>
> Pascal.
>
> --
>
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
> --| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --|    http://www.obry.net -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
> --| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
> --|
> --| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B

very cool
:)

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-09 18:59 ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2012-07-09 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

El 06/07/12 21:25, quiet_lad escribi�:
> fun stuff?

Since this is a recurrent question I have compiled a list of sample
websites implemented in AWS and added it to AdaCommons wiki. Everyone is
invited to add any other site to the list.

http://commons.ada.cx/Ada_Web_Server

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-12 21:18 ` björn lundin
From: björn lundin @ 2012-07-12 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Den fredagen den 6:e juli 2012 kl. 21:25:54 UTC+2 skrev quiet_lad:
> fun stuff?

Perhaps not fun, but I find them cool
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVDMp2bL9c>

I communicate with them via AWS, http POST.
No I don't control each one of them independently, but provide them
with assignments, like
'take bin 1, 3, 4, and 5 and put them in port 2.
 tell me when you deliver each one of them.'

Our installation has conveyors at the port, giving the pickstation a 10 bin buffer.

This is within a Warehouse Control System.

We also use AWS as a web server within our Warehouse management system,
making the operator at infeed take a photo of bad/broken pallets at goods reception with a handheld device, uploading via AWS, for further treatment
in WMS/ERP - ie tell the transporter to be more careful...

At some site we, use AWS as a messagebroker, providing web-service interface
in one end, and inhouse format in the other end.

Great product.

We use it on Windows and AIX.

/Björn

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-13  7:07   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2012-07-13  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

björn lundin <b.f.lundin@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps not fun, but I find them cool
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVDMp2bL9c>

Excellent!

Is the whole system (or some high proportion) Ada?

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-13  9:19     ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2012-07-13  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:07:40 +0100, Simon Wright wrote:

> björn lundin <b.f.lundin@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Perhaps not fun, but I find them cool
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVDMp2bL9c>
>
> Excellent!
>
> Is the whole system (or some high proportion) Ada?

"Towers of Hanoi" comes to mind for some reason...
I still have an Algol-W implementation somewhere.

- Brian

* Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
@ 2012-07-13 17:03     ` björn lundin
From: björn lundin @ 2012-07-13 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Den fredagen den 13:e juli 2012 kl. 09:07:40 UTC+2 skrev Simon Wright:
> björn lundin writes:
>
> &gt; Perhaps not fun, but I find them cool
> &gt; &lt;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVDMp2bL9c&gt;
>
> Excellent!
>
> Is the whole system (or some high proportion) Ada?

The autostore system itself is probably c :-(
(Would be nice to redo it in Ada though)

The WCS system, that tells them to do, on a higher level is all Ada.
(WCS =Warehouse Control System)
That system talks to conveyors (usually PLCs) stacker cranes, labelizers,
AGVs, LGVs (auto trucks), selects locations to store goods within a warehouse
and of course talks to WMS/ERP systems.  (where we use AWS sometimes)
In this case we have

  ERP

  WMS

  WCS

Conveyer + Autostore

where the WCS is all Ada.

Sattmate WCS in Ada
<http://www.consafelogistics.com/Our%20offer/Warehouse%20Management/SattMate%20WCS>

there is also a combined WCS/WMS that is all Ada

(Except the gui, in both cases)

SattStore, WMS/WCS in Ada
<http://www.consafelogistics.com/Our%20offer/Warehouse%20Management/SattStoreWMS>

/Björn
(Who just got back from comissioning a system like that)