From: "Thomas Løcke" <thomas@12boo.net>
Subject: Re: GNADE still alive?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:54:13 +0200
Date: 2012-04-25T07:54:13+02:00	[thread overview]

On 04/24/2012 08:45 PM, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Thomas L�cke wrote:
>
>> If I _feel_ software has been abandoned, [...]
>
> That puts all Ada software at a disadvantage, since there are fewer bugs
> to correct.
>
> I'm perfectly happy riding metro line 14 in Paris, even if they still
> are running on version 1.0 of the control software.

That is obviously true, but equally obvious is the fact that the control
software for metro line 14 in Paris does not have to link against fast
moving targets.

SQLite is not the same today as it were back in 2007 and neither is
PostgreSQL.

Software is not born equal.

I fully expect the french engineers will keep their metro line control
software updated according to the various physical systems it controls,
it just so happens that trains and tracks are updated and changed a lot
less than something like SQLite.

I do _not_ think something like GNADE can be compared to the control
software for metro line 14 in Paris. It is two completely different
worlds and two completely different beasts - apples and oranges, if you
will.

> Correct software is good software - even if it is a decade or two old -
> IMO.

I fully agree.

--
Thomas L�cke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net