From: "Thomas Løcke" <thomas@12boo.net>
Subject: Re: GNADE still alive?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:00:46 +0200
Date: 2012-04-24T16:00:46+02:00	[thread overview]

On 04/24/2012 02:36 PM, Stephen Leake wrote:
> I think the pro versions of GNATcoll include SQLite, but not the current
> public version. I don't like the way AdaCore writes code (although I do
> like their compiler :), so I would find it hard to maintain/improve
> GNATcoll. But if you can afford an AdaCore support contract, that is
> definitely the way to go.

There's SQLite support in the current dev version of GNATColl:

svn co http://svn.eu.adacore.com/anonsvn/Dev/trunk/gps/gnatlib/

Whether or not Alan is willing to risk using the latest SVN checkout
is another matter entirely. Personally I've never had any issues with
GNATColl dev.

re. your rant: I care about a project being actively developed because
I don't trust my own abilities. I get a certain feeling of safety and
comfort from knowing that there are people constantly working on fixing,
maintaining and improving on software X.

If I _feel_ software has been abandoned, I'm much less inclined to start
using it, unless I'm certain I can actually manage bug fixes and mainte-
nance myself, in which case I would much rather try to bring the project
back to life and hopefully entice other developers to join, as opposed
to just using and maintaining it by myself in my own walled garden.

Did that even make sense?  :)

--
Thomas L�cke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net