* My little work on building an Ada evnvironment on Slackware
@ 2012-04-19 17:43 Zhu Qun-Ying
From: Zhu Qun-Ying @ 2012-04-19 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have done some work to build an Ada development environment on
Slackware64 with gcc 4.7.0. It is based on Ludovic's work on Debian, with
some tweaks.

I hope it might be helpful to some one that like to do the same thing.

http://zhuqy.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/building-an-ada-development-environment-using-fsf-gcc-for-slackware/

^_^
Qun-Ying

* Re: My little work on building an Ada evnvironment on Slackware
@ 2012-04-20  6:18 ` Thomas Løcke
From: Thomas Løcke @ 2012-04-20  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/19/2012 07:43 PM, Zhu Qun-Ying wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have done some work to build an Ada development environment on
> Slackware64 with gcc 4.7.0. It is based on Ludovic's work on Debian,
> with some tweaks.
>
> I hope it might be helpful to some one that like to do the same thing.
>
> http://zhuqy.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/building-an-ada-development-environment-using-fsf-gcc-for-slackware/

Being a Slackware user myself, I'm happy to see someone take on the task
of making Ada more easily available for my platform of choice, so
thanks!  :o)

Personally I just grab the packages from libre.adacore.com and install
them. I've never really felt any need for turning them into specific
Slackware packages, as they are so dead simple to get going.

I actually did 5 short videos on the process a while ago:

http://youtu.be/9LcDyUG2loE (part 1 - the compiler)
http://youtu.be/IZCLBKn9-7o (part 2 - florist)
http://youtu.be/N27lK6Fg8Ek (part 3 - XML/Ada)
http://youtu.be/tVFRK2nIPRw (part 4 - GNATColl)
http://youtu.be/wzbKDaLb76s (part 5 - AWS)

:o)

--
Thomas Løcke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net

* Re: My little work on building an Ada evnvironment on Slackware
@ 2012-04-20 19:16   ` Fritz Wuehler
From: Fritz Wuehler @ 2012-04-20 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

THANK YOU!!!

* Re: My little work on building an Ada evnvironment on Slackware
@ 2012-04-21  6:06   ` qunying
From: qunying @ 2012-04-21  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

As you suggested, I setup a git repository to host the build scripts at
gitHub:
https://github.com/qunying/ada-4-slackware

--

@ 2012-04-23  6:56     ` Thomas Løcke
From: Thomas Løcke @ 2012-04-23  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/21/2012 08:06 AM, qunying wrote:
> As you suggested, I setup a git repository to host the build scripts at
> gitHub:
> https://github.com/qunying/ada-4-slackware

YAY!

Thanks a bunch.  :o)