From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: ADTs C to Ada
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:58:16 +0100
Date: 2012-03-05T17:58:16+01:00	[thread overview]

On 05.03.12 15:09, Patrick wrote:
> I am studying Ada and making progress. The C interface seems straight forward enough for functions, strings pointers and such but I am having trouble finding any information on how to interface with stucts that contain functions.

> Is there any documentation on how to do this? Do I need to write a full thin binding to a library and interface each data type and function seperately? I am interested in gstreamer right now about there are several C libraries I would like to interface with. At the moment I would like too create a gstreamer instance and then play, pause and seek an audio recording.

In case you want to map Ada's O-O model to that of gstreamer,
which seems to be based on glib, a look at GtkAda can show
a way of how to do it, I think.

Side note:
One could imagine the O-O design of the GNU Network *Object* Model
Environment, or whatever modernization it has turned into,
to use an O-O data model / ABI that is easily used with O-O
languages.
Instead, we are charged with working around home brew style
look-I-can-write-fnatastic-O-O-in-C-too, just like in real ADT
languages...