From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: C++ on the Down Slope?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:26:44 +0100
Date: 2012-01-11T14:26:45+01:00	[thread overview]

On 11.01.12 12:50, Martin wrote:

> C/C++/Objective-C - I can see why they get grouped. C/C++/C# - I just
> can't...

Part of the reason why C# is sometimes counted among the
nominal C languages is deliberate, I think: choosing the letter
C blends optimally with Microsoft's language marketing initiatives.
They have always known how to attract by assimilating popular ideas
into their offerings.  Popularity correlates with an increase in
likelihood of programmers taking curly braces for a sign of
C quality.

The reason that Netscape's browser based Lisp was named
Javascript and the reason why it is using C style syntax,
too, is similar; that's a fact insofar as some Netscape official
once explained it this way, though I haven't got a link handy, sorry.

Suppose A# wouldn't have all this 'Ref nonsense... :-)