From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: an idea to make Ada popular: Aython?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 09:44:33 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-01-24T09:44:33-08:00	[thread overview]

If you change the syntax it isn't Ada. A large part of what makes Ada, Ada _is_ the syntax. There are some syntax blunders that may have been avoided in the past but is what it is now. I for one would stop using Ada if it even smelled liked Python.

> As I've said
> before, Ada is a S/W-engineering language. Since 98% of developers aren't S/W
> engineers, nothing will make S/W-engineering languages popular.

Exactly. The point is to make Ada more popular amongst those engineers in general and in particular to open Ada's use in to new areas and avenues. The problem is that there has been a strong effort to kill its general purpose use and drive it more towards being SPARK.

David Botton