* Ada multitasking RTOS supported with opensource cross-compilers
@ 2011-10-25 11:57 Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-25 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
Which RTOSes do Ada have opensource/free cross-compilers available, with support for multitasking/multithreading?

I have an Atmel AT90USB162 chip which I want to program using Ada. My first option was to use AVR-Ada for programming it, but since it has no tasking support it's out of choice (and at now I don't have any clue on how turning it tasking supported). So I need a stronger approach. I thought about using QNX, but it's far more complex than my chip stands.

In a post in  stackoverflow <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7884355/multitasking-rtos-on-avr>, I got the info that AVR chip supports uC/OS-II and FreeRTOS. Are there free Ada cross-compilers for FreeRTOS or uC/OS-II?

Thanks.

* Re: Ada multitasking RTOS supported with opensource cross-compilers
@ 2011-10-25 14:10 ` Frédéric Praca
From: Frédéric Praca @ 2011-10-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
> Which RTOSes do Ada have opensource/free cross-compilers available, with
> support for multitasking/multithreading?
>
> I have an Atmel AT90USB162 chip which I want to program using Ada. My
> first option was to use AVR-Ada for programming it, but since it has no
> tasking support it's out of choice (and at now I don't have any clue on
> how turning it tasking supported). So I need a stronger approach. I
> thought about using QNX, but it's far more complex than my chip stands.
>
> In a post in  stackoverflow
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7884355/multitasking-rtos-on-avr>, I
> got the info that AVR chip supports uC/OS-II and FreeRTOS. Are there
> free Ada cross-compilers for FreeRTOS or uC/OS-II?
>
> Thanks.

Hi,
Did you take a look at Rtems < http://rtems.org/ > ? It seems to support
your chip and can do multitasking through a specific API (i.e. not through
standard Ada tasking).

Fred

* Re: Ada multitasking RTOS supported with opensource cross-compilers
@ 2011-10-25 14:38   ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-25 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rtems looks to fit.
Thank you Fred.

* Re: Ada multitasking RTOS supported with opensource cross-compilers
@ 2011-10-25 14:48     ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-25 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Actually while I was reading the RTEMS documentation, I've found that it supports the following targets:

      arm-rtems4.10
      avr-rtems4.10
      bfin-rtems4.10
      h8300-rtems4.10