From: "ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl>
Subject: Closing a program with GTK
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 03:21:00 +0200
Date: 2011-09-22T03:21:00+02:00	[thread overview]

I have a program in which I want to stop the program to quit while first
conducting a special task. The program is linked with the "-mwindows" to get
rid of the DOS-window.
I am running on a Windows 7 system
I am using the following routines in the .callback package
-----------------------
-- On_Quit1_Activate --
-----------------------

procedure On_Quit1_Activate
  (Object : access Gtk_Image_Menu_Item_Record'Class)
is
   pragma Unreferenced (Object);
begin
   Destroy(Transc_AdaWindow);
end On_Quit1_Activate;

where Transc_AdaWindow is the top level window and
-----------------------
-- On_Window_Destroy --
-----------------------

procedure On_Window_Destroy
  (Object : access Gtk_Widget_Record'Class)
is
   pragma Unreferenced (Object);
begin
   Close_Ini;
end On_Window_Destroy;

where Close_Ini is the action that must be executed
Close_Ini is part of a package with no reference to GTK routines.

In both the cases That I use the On Quit facility or the windows abort
button I get the following message:
0x0003fd43 in ?? ()

When debugging in GPS I found that the message is generated in the
gtk_object package in the Destroy routine at the moment that you enter the
Internal routine with the Step button

What do I do wrong, this construction worked in another program whitout
the -mswindows switch, but I need this switch to get a full stop op the
program with the Quit menuitem or the abort button

L. Dries