* glu & gl bindings
@ 2011-08-16 17:24 philippe.torgue
From: philippe.torgue @ 2011-08-16 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you know this library, Lumen

http://www.niestu.com/software/lumen/

I tried, it works very well. for this to be perfect, it only needs the binding glut

Finally something new to ada, in the world of GUI.

* Re: glu & gl bindings
@ 2011-08-16 19:13 ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2011-08-16 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 16, 6:24 pm, "philippe.tor...@free.fr"
<philippe.tor...@free.fr> wrote:
> Do you know this library, Lumen
>
> http://www.niestu.com/software/lumen/
>
> I tried, it works very well. for this to be perfect, it only needs the binding glut
>
> Finally something new to ada, in the world of GUI.

Er...you don't need GLUT and BTW, GLUT is ancient.

Luke.

* Re: glu & gl bindings
@ 2011-08-16 19:51   ` philippe.torgue
From: philippe.torgue @ 2011-08-16 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok.

"BTW" ,  what does this word mean?

> On Aug 16, 6:24�pm, "philippe.tor...@free.fr"
> <philippe.tor...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Do you know this library, Lumen
>>
>> http://www.niestu.com/software/lumen/
>>
>> I tried, it works very well. for this to be perfect, it only needs the binding glut
>>
>> Finally something new to ada, in the world of GUI.
>
> Er...you don't need GLUT and BTW, GLUT is ancient.
>
> Luke.

* Re: glu & gl bindings
@ 2011-08-16 20:05     ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2011-08-16 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 16, 8:51 pm, "philippe.tor...@free.fr"
<philippe.tor...@free.fr> wrote:
> ok.
>
> "BTW" ,  what does this word mean?
>
> > On Aug 16, 6:24 pm, "philippe.tor...@free.fr"
> > <philippe.tor...@free.fr> wrote:
> >> Do you know this library, Lumen
>
> >>http://www.niestu.com/software/lumen/
>
> >> I tried, it works very well. for this to be perfect, it only needs the binding glut
>
> >> Finally something new to ada, in the world of GUI.
>
> > Er...you don't need GLUT and BTW, GLUT is ancient.
>
> > Luke.

BTW = By The Way (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btw)

Also, I think you need to understand a couple of things:

1) GLUT was created as a way to get into OpenGL quickly as setting up
a window and getting
contexts working is not exactly easy and generally time consuming and
people really want
to play with GL from the outset.

2) Nobody really uses GLUT anymore since SDL was invented.

3) Lumen is not just a UI toolkit, but is a replacement for GLUT and
others in that ilk as
well. Lumen will provide the windowing functionality that GLUT/SDL
provides.

If you want to talk about Lumen or ask any questions, come to #Ada on
Freenode and hang about
longer than 2 mins if you want a response :D

Luke.

* Re: glu & gl bindings
@ 2011-08-16 20:56       ` philippe.torgue
From: philippe.torgue @ 2011-08-16 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lucretia wrote:

goddamn!
lumen wants to succeed glut ...

when can I finally get out of the mire of my crass ignorance! :D

at the crack of dawn, I would go see what freenode

Philippe.