From: "R. Tyler Croy" <tyler@linux.com>
Subject: Re: Continuous integration for Ada?
Date: 21 May 2011 04:41:08 GMT
Date: 2011-05-21T04:41:08+00:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 20 May 2011 12:42:59 -0500, Peter C. Chapin wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone here has experience setting up a continuous
> integration server for Ada and, if so, what tools (which server system)
> you might recommend.
>
> By "continuous integration server" I mean a system that will
> automatically check out the latest version of software under development
> and then automatically build the software, run the unit tests, and
> produce some sort of report of the results (say on a web page).
>
> I've used CruiseControl.NET on a C++ project in the past and it did a
> nice job. I'm sure it could be configured to compile and test Ada
> although doing so would require a fair amount of customization (I
> think). I'm wondering if there is something out there that's more Ada
> friendly out of the box.

I'm not sure about Ada friendly, but I'm very partial to Jenkins <http://
jenkins-ci.org> which can do a pretty decent job with just about any
project type.

A first pass at Googling doesn't show me any XML test runners for AUnit
that can generate JUnit compatible test reports. I've used XSLT to
transform glib test output for integration with Jenkins <http://
unethicalblogger.com/2009/06/18/using-glibs-gtester-results-in-hudson.html>
which could probably be reused.

--
- R. Tyler Croy