From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: A scapegoat once again :(
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 18:30:13 +0200
Date: 2011-05-20T18:30:13+02:00	[thread overview]

On 20.05.11 17:44, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> On 5/20/2011 8:13 AM, Britt Snodgrass wrote:
>> Seen on DailyTech today:
>>
>> http://www.dailytech.com/F22+Upgrades+Over+Budget+and+Behind+Schedule+F35+May+Cost+1T+in+Operating+Costs/article21692.htm

> Compared to updating one's Javascript and Matlab scripts and such,
> yes, I completely agree with the author, Ada takes more effort to
> upgrade, since must recompile things! Very annoying thing to have
> to do just to upgrade software.

Trying to find reason in this, other than social, political,
or ignorance of change engineering.  Switching Java class
files as an alternative, not whole systems?  Even technically?

The phrase in question is a claim.

Made by an analyst, good heavens, stated like its said by an expert
(see jonathan's research on this), or someone representing
experts who would not have a need to give reasons for their
claims.

But more importantly, why are tax payers not holding
*journalists* accountable?!  US citizens, if not NATO
citizens, are paying for a most advanced staffed weapon system.
And they silently accept it when masses of their money are dealt
with this kind of journalistic accuracy?

Adventuring into Java class file replacement might
appear to proceed faster than a whole program build,
test, etc.  If he is thinking of Java.   I'm not sure
the target hardware is on the list of JIT supporting
JVM platforms, though ...

The people's voice, in a comment regarding Ada:
"They really need to contemporize their software of they will
always be playing catchup."

Can someone please tell voters the age of the most
commonly used programming language in embedded systems?
Or of C++?