From: Georg Bauhaus <rm-host.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: limited /non-limited tagged type
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 23:22:43 +0100
Date: 2011-03-04T23:22:44+01:00	[thread overview]

On 3/4/11 10:55 PM, Hacid wrote:

> This solution works but if I extend my package with some addons, I am
> blocked :
>
> generic
>     type Element is new Object with private;
> package Foo_3.Pools is

Type Element is like type Object WRT visibility of the Copy
operation.  The formal is public here, hence there is no
visible operation Copy, since that operation is private.

If you need the Copy operation in the package only, you
can make Foo_3.Pools a private child, thus

private generic
    type Element is new Object with private;
package Foo_3.Pools is

Foo_3.Copy can then effectively be called from within
Foo_3.Pools.Copy.